Most roofing projects are known to be risky and difficult to execute. Regardless of the level of repair that it needs, it’s always ideal to call for a trained professional to have it inspected and fixed. The same is true for gutter installation. In this post, we have listed down notable reasons why you should stop doing these by yourself.
1. You might choose the wrong type of gutter. Because you’ll have more freedom in purchasing cheaper items, it’s highly likely that you will select the wrong or unnecessary material for your project. Remember that there is a wide range of options from sizes, styles and gauges, which all have their benefits and drawbacks.
2. You are prone to mistakenly calculate the pitch. Although gutters look balanced, they still have a slight pitch allowing water to flow towards the downspouts. If you call a trained roofing contractor, you’d be able to properly check if it’s in the appropriate pitch.
3. You might improperly install the mounting or the hanger system. Keep in mind that without the correct support, the rain gutters will sag. Space according to process and your gutters will stay where they belong.
4. You can easily damage materials. Gutters are not as sturdy as any other home features. They easily get dented. Should this happen, that renders that entire section useless, prompting leaks or sag further down the road.
5. You could pay double than expected. Although it would seem as if you’re saving because you don’t pay for the labor, this is hardly the situation. Tally up the cost of gutters, clips, hangers and downspouts and you will immediately know why.
Of course, remember that no matter how good you are at DIY work, accidents may occur. This is why leaving it only to the professionals who know exactly how to go through every step is the right thing to do.
If you’re in need of a gutter installment or residential roof replacement, Colorado Roof Toppers is the contractor you want on the job. For an estimate, call us at (720) 807-4539 or (970) 660-6369. You can reach us here as well. We serve clients in Fort Collins, CO.