Colorado Roof Toppers: Guide to Choosing Shingles
Shopping for new roofing shingles is an exciting and rare opportunity to have a hand in improving your home’s curb appeal. It may, at first, seem to be a simple task where you just pick out something you really like, and that’s it! Unfortunately, once you start looking around, you learn that there are actually other factors to consider when choosing shingles for your roof. And if you’re not too familiar with the process, you might feel a bit overwhelmed.
One of the things our customers love the most about us at Colorado Roof Toppers is how much time we give in helping our customers make informed decisions about their home. We’ll make sure that you not only end up with something you love, but that you also get the right type of shingles to give you the most value for your money.
Things to consider when choosing shingles for your roof
- Cost. As with any construction, budget is always a big factor to consider. Cheaper does not necessarily mean lower quality. There are multiple quality options for any budget. The size and shape of your shingle determines its measurement and how much of it you will need to cover your entire roof, so that is a factor that may affect cost. Your chosen material plays a significant role in purchase cost as well, so whether you choose wood, asphalt, fiberglass, or metal, it pays to be well informed about your options within those choices. GAF has multiple product style choices for any roofing shingle material within your price range.
- Style. The style of your shingles also affects its size and shape. Do you want something simple or intricate? There are basically two categories for shingle types: Architectural (dimensional/ laminate) and traditional 3-tab designs. Architectural shingles have varied shapes and sizes that give it a dimensional effect , these shingles are thicker compared to the 3-tab, thus they tend to last longer too. It takes more expertise to install an architectural type shingle, so it is more pricey.
- Color. Pick a shingle color that would best complement the color of your brick. Other parts of your home exteriors such as shutters, sidings, or doors can easily be painted to match. Try not to get something that completely matches the color of your bricks to avoid making it look too boring or monotone. Check the shade of your shingle under and away from sunlight for shade accuracy.
- Shape of your roof. Different architectural homes such as Victorian, Colonial, Tudor, etc. have different roofing shapes. Identifying the shape of your roof can help you select shingles which can give your roof the most impact. A steep-pitched roof, for example, allows you to view more of your roof from the ground, so you’d want your roof to have a more intricate pattern to make your home more appealing and attractive.
- Resale value. Choosing the right type is especially important in increasing the sale value of your home. If sometime in the future you’d wish to resell your home, remember that roofing shingles lasts for decades. You don’t want to just rip a roof still in perfect condition just to make it prettier for buyers because it’s gonna cost you big. Some people are attracted to bold and bright styles and colors, while others might be turned off by it. It is best to consider something neutral but at the same time interesting, so that it is a safe choice that’ll suit anyone’s taste.
Timberline Shingle Series
Value Designer Series
Ultra-Premium Designer Series
IMPACT Resistant Series
Colorado Roof Toppers: We have the top installers for the job!
We are a multi- awarded company and a GAF-Certified Master Elite Contractor. You are certain that we’ll install your roofing shingles according to manufacturer’s standards, meaning, you get the best out of your warranties. We offer warranties that many other roofers cannot, such as a warranty of up to 25 years against leaks.
Our owners, Scott and Denise Bart are also very hands-on with all projects and make sure they oversee every detail during construction. We’ve had no complaints about our work in all the 37 plus years we have been in business — as a matter of fact, we have an A+ rating with the BBB and have won the Angie’s list Super Service Award multiple years in a row.
To always provide the best products to you, we source all our roofing systems from a single manufacturer. As a result, we are able to custom design to fit specific buildings, and to incorporate energy-efficiency features to help families meet their household utility goals.
Let us know how we can help you. Call Colorado Roof Toppers today!
If you need help choosing shingles for your roof, Colorado Roof Toppers will be more than happy to assist you. Call us at (720) 378-1901 or (970) 535-4128. We are open for business Mondays to Fridays from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.